Monday, January 20, 2014

Teaching with Avatars & Thinking About the Future:

It's time to wipe off the layers of digital dust accumulating on this blog.  As I finish the Instructional Technology masters cohort at UNI, it's time to think about how I'll apply this to my current position as an educator.  In many ways, I have a hard time imagining myself outside the classroom, but I do enjoy helping fellow educators successfully integrate technology.  Many possibilities and opportunities certainly exist.

To better convey my thoughts my feelings, I created a talking avatar using Voki.  It's a bit limited (no beard option, which is disappointing) with the free version, and if you follow this link you'll find that there are many other options out there for creating avatars in the classroom.  Below is a link and an embedded video of the Voki examples I created.

Voki allows users to create talking avatars and link to them.  You can follow this link to the first Voki I made that discusses how I plan to integrate avatars into my own classroom

Also, Voki gives users the opportunity to embed avatars into a website such as a blog.  The embedded Voki below expresses my thoughts on my future as an educator.

What My Future Holds:

No comments:

Post a Comment